Solution Domain Presents,
How to manually restore your website.
This solution is purely for those websites which are affected by virus or a sudden website crash or some critical problem showing up in your website.
I strongly recommend that you should know how to back up and restore your website manually.
- Manual restore of database.
- Manual restore of Website.
- Manually configuring your database Connection.
In the step one we will manually restore our database.
- Login into your cpanel account. Under databases, select phpMyAdmin.
- Now click on launch phpmyadmin.
- To know which one is your database, just have a look at your back file.
- Now click on the database to see its structure.
- Now in structure tab tick mark on check all, to select all of your database tables,
- And in the drop down menu choose drop command.
- Make sure the foreign key checks is tick marked and click on yes button.
- By the time you press yes, all the tables of your database is gone.
- Now to restore, select import option.
- And click on choose file.
- For database you should only upload .sql extention file and not any other types like winzip or winrar file.
- Am i clear to you?
- Now leave rest of the settings as it is and click on go button.
- It will take few seconds to import depending on the size of your database.
- Once it is done you will get a message saying import has been successfully finished.
- Now click on your database to see the structure.
- You can see your tables back.
In the step two we will manually restore our website.
- Under files choose file manager.
- Select launch file manager.
- Now choose the site which you want to restore, when you have multiple site.
- Select all the files in deployed folder and delete them.
- Click yes to delete.
- Boom all files have gone.
- Now, either you can upload your back up file in file manager itself or you can use fileZilla software.
- I am using filezilla software.
- Open your fileZilla. Upload the back up file.
- Now establish a connection between fileZilla and the server.
- Once you get directory listing, navigate to the folder where you want to deploy your files.
- Now drag and drop your backup file into empty directory listing.
- It will take some time to transfer the file.
- If you have fileZilla connecting issues then watch my filezilla connecting video. video available below.
- Once the file transfer finished go back to the cpanel file manager.
- See we have our zip file. select the zip file and click on extract archive.
- Select yes to extract.
- It will take some time to extract the zip file.
- Next you receive extraction completed successfully message.
- Close the message.
- Boom you could now see your website files back.
- We have restored our database and website file right? now check live status of the website.
- Oh no you are getting this establishing a database connection error.
- OK now we will look at this problem before that delete any existing zip files in your deployed folder.
In step three we will configure database connection.
- Under databases go to MySQL users.
- Note the Username and password.
- After that in file manager look for wp-config.php file.
- Double click on this file to open.
- Copy the MySQL username and paste it in define db user statement.
- Copy the MySQL user password and paste it in define db password statement.
- To know your database name go to phpmyadmin.
- Click on your database. copy the databases name
- And paste it in define db name statement.
- Usually db name and db username will be same. In some cases it might deffer.
- Click on the save button.
- Once the wp-config.php file saved, go back to this error page and click on the reload button.
- boom there you will have your live site back online.